DCS Rescue (A Division of Ancon) Career Opportunities
Signal Hill, CA, USA
As a member, of a two, three, or four person rescue team, it is the duty of the rescue technician to work as a team to perform on‐site assessments of various confined space operations, develop a plan for Rescue in the event of an emergency, and if needed; execute the Rescue plan using provided technical rescue equipment.
- Interface directly with customer contact and host facility personnel
- Inspection of vehicle and equipment prior to departure for job site
- Ability to safely operate non-regulated motor vehicles
- Adhere to grooming and uniform standards; clean shaven, wearing all PPE
- Punctuality to Signal Hill office and Job Sites
- Attendance and participation in tailgate safety/JHA meetings
- Ability to understand and complete customer permits as well as confined space permits/ entry logs
- Proficiency in rope rescue techniques
- Establishes Rescue Plan in accordance with customer needs, utilizes Tactical Rescue Assessment form to document personnel and plan of action
- Identify PPE requirements of Rescue Team and entrants
- USES STOP WORK AUTHORITY WHEN AN UNSAFE CONDITION OR ACT IS IDENTIFIED
- Maintain communication with entry supervisor of each confined space the Rescue Team is responsible for
- Assist confined space operation (cleaning, maintenance, etc.) to any extent where response to a confined space emergency is not compromised
- General Manager
- Rescue Coordinator
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective rescue planning and execution
- Ability to inspect equipment and vehicles
- Effective adherence to safety standards
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Possession of valid CA Driver’s License
- Possession of current CPR/AED/First-Aid Card
- Completion of California State Fire Marshall accredited Fire Academy, or equivalent training
- Completion of State approved EMS training program, EMT-B or higher
- Certification in Low Angle Rope Rescue Operations, Confined Space Rescue Technician, and/or Rescue Systems I
- Candidates must be able to pass background checks in order to gain access to secured facilities
- Candidates must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Travel is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and the work environment is in an industrial services office or yard setting.
- Work is performed inside and outdoor locations